As science and medicine evolve, SFH evolves and we improve products. We’ve been working with MCTs since the beginning of 2011 and introduced them into our Endurance Product line. After seeing amazing results we’ve added MCTs to our Daily Balance as well.
Daily Balance is formulated with our clean Grass-Fed, Free-Range whey protein concentrate as a base. We use concentrates over other options because they have the best all natural rate of absorption and have minimal effects on insulin release.
- Isolates digest too slowly
- Hydrolysates are absorbed too quickly and induce spikes in insulin release averaging between 28 and 42%.
In addition to our clean whey we've added:
- Cherry powder is an all-natural, never chemically modified, low glycemic carbohydrate with the added advantage of containing astaxanthins, which are regarded as having potent natural anti-inflammatory activity.
- Coconut fat is a rich source of medium chain triglycerides. Our source of coconut fat does not contain high glycemic carbohydrates. MCTs provide sustained energy without spiking insulin.
How Does It Work:
1. Provides super clean protein that tastes good and is quickly digested and absorbed as amino acids with minimal insulin spiking (unlike hydrolysates, which induce insulin spiking). This component maintains or stimulates muscle development and if in excess is recycled to glucose via gluconeogenesis at rates that do not affect insulin actions. The protein content varies between the flavors, natural having the highest. In a 30g scoop you get between 20-23g of protein or 67%-75%.
2. Provides an all natural source of low glycemic carbohydrate in the form of cherry powder. Cherries have a glycemic index of 22. Our cherry powder digests slowly, providing small units of sugar to our bodies at a rate that has minimal effects of insulin release. This means that you maintain your energy levels and minimize between meal feelings of hunger. In all of the flavors, we add 1.5g of cherry powder to the product or 5% per 30g scoop.
3. Provides a rich, non carbohydrate source of medium chain fats as MCTs. These fats are oxidized to energy. They do not get stored as fat in our bodies and they do not spike insulin. The fats also provide an alternative source of energy for our hearts and brains in the form of ketones. In all the flavors we add 3g of MCT to every 30g scoop, which is 10%.
How/When to Use:
Daily Balance can be used any time of day – morning smoothie, meal between meals, pre-workout, snack before bed. There is no substitute for real food but Daily Balance is the best alternative if you are going to miss a meal.