Apple Spice Protein Ball Recipe - Vegan & Dairy Free
We're coming at you with a tasty on-the-go breakfast option, quick bite before your workout, or mid-day snack to get you through that 2pm slump. These apple spice protein balls are quick to whip up and a great meal prep option to keep you from reaching for that bag of chips or chocolate bar.
Plus we're in full swing of fall so we couldn't help ourselves to throw together an apple and pumpkin spice recipe... #SorryNotSorry
Check out the recipe below and make sure to take @sfh #SFHRecipe if you decide to try it out!
APPLE SPICE PROTEIN BALLS
- 1 1/2 Cups Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Scoop SFH Plant Protein
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1 1/2 TBSP Almond Milk
- 1 Apple, diced
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, coconut flour, protein powder, and pumpkin spice.
- Melt together almond butter, and maple syrup either in the microwave or over the stove.
- Mix flour mixture and almond butter together until well combined. Continue mixing while adding applesauce followed by almond milk a little at a time until well incorporated. The batter should be firm.
- Fold in diced apples until evenly distributed.
- Grab an ice cream scoop or spoon and scoop the mixture into your hand and roll into the shape of a ball. Place on a plate or tray and continue forming balls until all your batter is used up!
- Place protein balls in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, or until firm.
- Store protein balls in the refrigerator while not gobbling them up :) Enjoy!
Makes about 16 Protein Balls
1 protein ball = 158 Calories | 5g Fat | 21g Carbs | 3.5g Protein | 8g Sugar