Pet-Friendly Foods Your Dog Or Cat Will Love
Sometimes you just have to give your furry friends a special treat. That’s why we put together a list of pet-friendly foods for dogs and cats, so you can spoil your fur babies with foods that won’t harm their systems. Read our list of pet friendly foods for dogs and cats before choosing to prepare meals for your pet on your own. The last thing you want to do is unknowingly cause your pet harm.
Pet-friendly foods for dogs and cats include:
- Eggs- most animals love eggs, and if your pet isn’t eating right, scrambling up an egg for them may be the trick to get them to start eating again.
- Broccoli- you may not think this would be a good one, but many cats have taken broccoli pieces right off their owner’s plates, and seem to really enjoy this snack.
- Peanut butter- this is more for dogs, but most dogs go crazy over peanut butter. It’s a great coating if you need your pup to take a pill or want to hide the taste of a heartworm treatment.
- Yogurt- whether you prepare it in a separate bowl or just let them lick the spoon, your pet will enjoy this taste, just make sure you use a plain flavored one, so there aren’t any surprises or toxic ingredients in there.
- Chicken- this is a great base option for cats and dogs, as both are carnivores. Just make sure to watch for little bones, you don’t want your pet choking on anything. This is best served sliced up for them.
- Turkey- not just a Thanksgiving favorite, your pets love this too. White or dark meat are both good for your animals, and they will love getting an extra snack from any leftovers you have.
- Salmon- this is a great option if you are trying to only give them food that you prepare. Most pets love fish, and this one especially so.
- Carrots- dogs especially love the crunch, but so do kittens. This can be a great addition to some chicken and broccoli, to ensure that your pet is full after eating.
- Cheese- be careful about how much you give your cat, as too much dairy can cause digestive issues, but a little taste here and there will be greatly appreciated.
- Apples- if you want to share some apple slices with your pet, you are more than welcome to! These are also great options for chopping up and adding to their food bowl.
All of these options are pet-friendly foods for dogs and cats, so you can rest assured that your pet is getting a balanced diet without anything added that you are unaware of.
Lastly, don‘t forget SFH Omega 3 plus coconut oil for your pet. It is the same quality as our human grade oil. Just add a small amount to each of your pets’ meals and see first-hand the great health benefits (more energy, skin health and heart health)