Ways To Stay Fit Without A Gym
There are so many excuses to not keep up with your fitness, it can be that you don’t have time, you can’t afford a gym membership, you don’t have a babysitter for the kids, you have to work all day, etc. If you really want to get out of working out anything can become an excuse. However, not having a gym is no longer a good excuse for skipping your workouts, especially with all the different ways to stay fit without a gym.
There are so many ways to stay fit without a gym, and most are easily done around your busy schedule.
- Watch fitness videos. That’s right, with so many apps and channels, you can easily do a yoga class or a dance fitness class without even leaving your house. The best part is, most of these are free, which means you have no reason not to squeeze in a 30-minute workout session. Your health will thank you.
- Go outside! You can walk, run, climb, hike, and do so much more without any need for any equipment. Take a walk around your neighborhood or go for a run in your local park. You can even use different park benches or playground equipment as gym equipment.
- Walk when possible. You can always squeeze some exercise into your everyday life just by adding steps. When you’re brushing your teeth, walk around your house. Same thing with walking into a store, park farther away to walk into the store. When you’re on the phone, wander around the house or walk around your office rather than sitting still. Invite your friends out for a walk instead of meeting for coffee. There are so many ways to add exercise into your routine, without sacrificing any time.
- Use your time doing housework to do exercise as well. This one can be kind of fun, you create a bit of a relay event for yourself. After you mop your floor, go do some squats and crunches while it’s drying. Then, when the floor is dry, clean the counters while doing heel lifts. It’s just a matter of finding different workouts that can be done while you are also cleaning up your house.
- Get some basic equipment. We aren’t talking about a total home gym system, because those are crazy expensive, but instead, get a set of dumbbells and a jump rope or a fitness resistance band. Any of those are rather inexpensive, but can help you to take your workouts up a notch. If that’s not possible with your budget, use chairs to do step ups on or take filled water bottles and use them as dumbbells to help build up your muscles.
- Use your body weight. No equipment needed in this case! Push-ups, jumping jacks, squats, planks, all of these exercises can be done without any equipment, making them the perfect option for anyone.
Exercise doesn’t have to be complicated. In many cases, we make all these excuses simply because we aren’t finding different workarounds. Once you get in the mindset that you will get that workout in, the barricades that were preventing you from getting it done no longer exist. Instead, you’ll find yourself closer to meeting your health goals.