From being young kids up until adulthood, we are constantly being told to eat our vegetables. You may have had a period where you rebelled and didn’t eat your greens, but now if you’re focusing on keeping up with your healthy lifestyle, vegetables are an important part of your daily routine. Many vegetables are considered superfoods, so they are especially good options for a dinner, as they’ll help you in a variety of ways, including keeping up your energy throughout your workday and then workout. To make things easier, we have some vegetable rich dinner recipes for you to give a try.
Whether you are a vegetarian or are just trying to eat more vegetables, you’re going to love these vegetable rich dinner recipes.
Quinoa with Veggies & Beans
This dinner is packed with nutrients, delicious and super easy to throw together.
- Cook one cup of quinoa.
- Drain red kidney beans and set aside.
- In a skillet, using a dash of olive oil, cook freshly cut vegetables. You can choose, but some of our favorites are zucchini, squash, and carrots. Adding in canned corn is also a great choice, plus some onions.
- Once that is cooked, add to the completed quinoa, and add the kidney beans.
- Mix together and season with turmeric, black pepper, and lime juice for a bit of a zesty kick.
This is a filling and delicious meal that the whole family is sure to love, and if you’re just cooking for one or two, it makes a great lunch the next day.
Crock Pot Vegetables
This is a great recipe and can work as the main course or as a side with a lean piece of meat.
- Start by washing, peeling, and cutting 4 or 5 large potatoes.
- Put them in the crockpot.
- Wash, peel, and cut fresh carrots and add to the crockpot.
- Wash and cut fresh broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, squash, and onion.
- Put all the vegetables into the pot and add a bit of water to the bottom.
- Put the crockpot on high and let cook for several hours, adding water as needed, until potatoes are soft.
- Add some salt, pepper, parsley, and turmeric to taste, and you have a delicious bowl of vegetables that will last for days.
With these vegetable rich dinner recipes, you’re sure to get yourself out of the dinner rut, and find some delicious options for your weekly dinner. The best part is that these can be prepared in large batches to last you several days, so you don’t have to cook every night.